• spray a 9 x 13″ baking dish with cooking spray. line with parchment allowing for some overhang. spray the parchment. set aside
• put sugar, corn syrup, salt, 3/4 cups water in a heavy duty saucepan. bring to a boil over high heat. stirring to dissolve the sugar. cook without stirring, until mixture registers 238* on a candy thermometer.
•while that is cooking, put 3/4 cup cold water into the bowl of your electric mixer and sprinkle with the gelatin. soften for 5 minutes.
• using the whisk attachment on your blender, turn on low speed and gradually add your hot syrup. start on slow speed and once combined, increase the speed to ultimately the highest speed. The mixture should be very stiff, mix for about 15 minutes. Beat in vanilla to combine.
• pour into prepared dish and smooth with an off set spatula.
• set aside, uncovered for about 3 hours or overnight
• sift 1 cup of powdered sugar in a jelly roll pan. cut marshmallows with a well oiled knife. i like my marshmallows 1″ squared. roll the cut marshmallows in the powdered sugar. if you need more sugar, sift more into the pan.
• store in a container for 3 days or freeze for 2 months.