I like finding new ways to use ground beef, turkey, and chicken. One of our favoirte household flavors are Asian inspired. I make a mean beef and broccoli, scallion pancakes, and a chicken teriyaki stir fry. So, when I find something in a magazine or on the internet that has the flavors of Asia, I usually put it in my “recipes to make” file. This recipe has been officially moved from “recipes to make” file to the big, red recipe binder (A.K.A. “keepers”).
This is another one of those 30 minute meals. And I happen to love 30 minute meals. Recently, I served it with a simple buckwheat noodle salad and a big batch of edemame. I use this recipe as my base for my noodles. Sometimes I add more vegetables, sometimes I even omit the noodles and just use the dressing on a big bowl of cucumbers and red onions. Whatever you decide to do, I am sure it will be delicious!
Asian Chicken Patty Wraps
1 1/2 pounds ground, white meat chicken (organic)
5 oz water chestnuts, rinsed, drained, and diced fine
4 scallions, chopped
2 Tablespoons Italian parsley
1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground, black pepper
large butter lettuce leaves
sunflower oil for cooking
• in a large, glass bowl, combine the ground chicken, water chestnuts, scallions, Italian parsley, salt, and pepper. stir with your hands.
• cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
• line a baking sheet with parchment. form patties into 2″ diameter discs. set aside.
• heat a large cast iron skillet. heat 1 – 2 teaspoons of oil in the pan. place as many patties in pan without crowding. cook until golden and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. place on a plate and cover with foil while other patties cook. you should have about 16 – 20 patties when cooked.
• while patties cook, boil water for buckwheat noodles. make dressing.
• serve warm or at room temperature. my kids like a little hoison sauce on the side.
The Urban Baker / SusanSalzman.com
A weeks worth of meals (and lots of leftovers for lunch)
Asian Chicken Wraps
Butterscotch Pecan Ice Cream
Grilled Rib Eyes
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
Blueberry Slab Pie (recipe to follow)